Students with sponsored accommodation will be staying at Nyayo Hostels. You may have also booked your accommodation at Nyayo. See the Indaba map to see where the different zones are.
If you are Staying at Nyayo hostels you will need to first have your Indaba registration badge before you can check-in.
- If you arrive on Saturday the 24th, register after 2pm in the chill zone.
- If you arrive on Sunday the 25th, register after 12pm in the Chill zone.
Nyayo provides bedsheets, blankets, tissue paper, and soap. You will need to bring anything else that you need.
Make sure you bring the following:
- Towel(s) for bathing, drying hands.
- Other specific toiletries you need (shampoo, shaving products, toothpaste, etc).
- KES1000 as a deposit for the key, which is refundable when you checkout.
Checkin, House Rules, Breakfast
- Checkin: From the 24th August, there will be 24 hour checkin at Nyayo hostels to accommodate your arrivals. Indaba attendees will be staying in Nyayo Hostels #4 and #5.
- Key Deposit : As mentioned above, you will need to provide a KES1000 refundable deposit for the room keys at checkin.
- Breakages: Be respectful and careful. Damages will incur significant costs which we will have to pass on to you, so please make sure you use the facilities as you would your own home.
- Getting there: You can get directions from the KU entrance gate if you need them. You will find a map of the location of Nyayo below and all the other Indaba spaces on page 5 of the Indaba booklet online (PDF, 4Mb)
- Walking to Indaba Zone: We are in Nyayo Hostels 5 and 6, which is within the campus. It is safe to walk and there is extra security. You can see a walking route here.
- Breakfast: For Indaba attendees, breakfast will be in the “Eastern Kitchen” from 7-8am in the morning. The “Eastern Kitchen” is a 2-3 minute walk away from the main Indaba area. See the indaba maps.
- Questions: Ask your fellow attendees on the #nyayo channel on Slack, or if you can’t find the answer online or from others, using email@example.com.